Friday 31 May 2013

Travel Essentials with #Inspectagadget

Hello!
The UK weather was perfect for my post today! With summer fast approaching (and many of us looking forward to summer holidays) we all like a budget shopping spree before hand, so we can make the most out of the few months of sun the UK offers.

Being a penniless teenager, I was really excited to be asked to take part in the MoneySupermarket project called 'Inspect A Gadget.' Basically, MoneySupermarket choose 5 examples of 'budget gadgets' including: a potable DVD player, MP3 player, Kobo Mini eReader, Android Tablet and a HD camcorder. I was offered the chance to select one to review - and I chose an affordable Phillips Camcorder. I was then supplied with the money to purchase the item from the retailer...


To evaluate the Camcorder from Expansys, I've tried to give my own honest opinion of the product, which all in all was 10/10! Unfortunately, I haven't got much video footage yet, this is because I had to separately purchase a Micro SD card from Amazon (which hasn't yet come). 

Features...
  • Price - Definitely Affordable! It's now only £51.99, which is definitely worthwhile!
  • Size - This product is pocket size, making it easy to carry around in a small bag. 
  • Delivery of Product - I opted for a 3-5 days delivery, but the product arrived the next day.
  • Resolution - It's full HD, producing high quality videos - winwin!
  • Editing - You can add video effects while filming, which helps make your videos a little bit different easily!
  • Easy Sharing - You can directly upload your image/video's directly to Facebook/Youtube/other websites - which is great for recording your summer holiday quickly!
  • USB - Built in, so need to worry about loosing your USB lead (which I usually do...)
  • Swivel Screen - allows you to film from different angles, and even get the screen to face you, so you can film you and your friends at the same time!
  • Battery life - around 2 hours (which isn't ages, but is still long enough and easy to charge up, once plugged in via the USB). 


 I found the product worked much better outside than inside; as it tended to be more pixelated when filming inside. However, this shouldn't be too much of a problem, as during summer, I'll use this product more outside anyway!

I would also recommend purchasing a good memory storage SD card alongside the camcorder, as it doesn't have much internal memory, and a USB plug, so you can charge it from the mains!


Overall, this is a really great product. I can't wait to use it, for both my blog (yes, that's right I'm branching out into the vlogging world [help] - so watch out...) and to capture summer moments with friends and family! I'm heading to Germany in a few months for a school trip, and this will DEFINITELY be coming with me!
 It's light weight and easy to use, and definitely on my 'top budget gadget' list!

Lots of Love,

3 comments:

  1. JUST TO SAY - I'M SORRY TO ALL WHO COMMENTED ON THIS POST. I STUPIDLY DELETED THE COMMENTS, SO I'M SORRY IF I DIDDN'T GET BACK TO YOU.


    THANKS...

    A VERYYYYY BLONDE, BLONDIE X

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool, would love to get one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear, thanks for visiting my blog. that looks like a cool new gadget! :)

    btw, following you now. hope you'll follow back :)

    http://pinkposhandperky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a commet here! I'll try my best to reply to comment, and If you leave a link to your blog, i'd be happy to take a look :)